Beehive has the identical functionality to original 12HP Plaits.
8 synthesis models for pitched sounds:
– Two detuned virtual analog oscillators with continuously variable waveforms.
– Variable slope triangle oscillator processed by a waveshaper and wavefolder.
– 2-operator FM with continuously variable feedback path.
– Two independently controllable formants modulated by a variable shape window
(VOSIM, Pulsar, Grainlet, Casio CZ-style resonant filter…).
– 24-harmonic additive oscillator.
– Wavetable oscillator with four banks of 8×8 waves, with or without interpolation.
– Chord generator, with divide down string/organ emulation or wavetables.
– A collection of speech synthesis algorithms (formant filter, SAM, LPC), with phoneme control and formant shifting.
Several banks of phonemes or segments of words are available.
8 synthesis models for noise and percussions:
– Granular sawtooth or sine oscillator, with variable grain density, duration and frequency randomization.
– Clocked noise processed by a variable shape resonant filter.
– 8 layers of dust/particle noise processed by resonators or all-pass filters.
– Extended Karplus-Strong (aka Rings’ red mode), excited by bursts of white noise or dust noise.
– Modal resonator (aka Rings’ green mode), excited by a mallet or dust noise.
– Analog kick drum emulation (two flavors).
– Analog snare drum emulation (two flavors).
– Analog high-hat emulation (two flavors).
Manufactured by Twangmodular
Designed by Jim Matheson under creative commons CC-BY-SA 3.0 license
Original CAD file, PCB & Schematic and original design elements
provided by Mutable Instruments under creative commons CC-BY-SA-3.0 license.