Astronaut Modular: Key Features
- 22 algorithms for reverb, delay and freeze (the latter come from the Shift Line Force microsampler).
- Hold Mode: CV-controlled infinite sustain.
- CV control over DECAY, CHARACTER and HOLD.
- Convenient width (12HP).
- Fully analog dry signal path.
- The option to boost the output signal volume.
- Separate MIX and WET (Kill Dry) outs.
- Indication via 3 LEDs.
- The VOLUME knob controls the MIX OUT volume (with an option to boost the signal).
- The MIX knob controls the ratio between the wet and dry signals at MIX OUT.
- The PROGRAM knob selects algorithms within a bank.
- The BANK button switches between the two banks.
- The DECAY knob controls the size and spatial/acoustic parameters of the selected algorithm. It controls reverb decay length as well as feedback in certain algorithms (read more in the “List of Algorithms” section).
- The CHARACTER knob controls an extra parameter of the selected algorithm (read more in the “List of Algorithms” section).
- The HOLD button activates Hold Mode (infinite sustain) when pressed and held.
- IN is a mono input for the incoming signal.
- MIX OUT is a mono output for the dry/wet mix (the ratio is controlled by the MIX knob).
- WET OUT is a mono output for the wet signal only.
- CHARACTER CV is an input for CV control over the CHARACTER knob (10Vptp).
- HOLD CV is an input for CV control over the HOLD button. The effect is the same as holding the button. The input is set to a +2V threshold.
- DECAY CV is an input for CV control over the DECAY knob (10Vptp).
In case of CV control, the DECAY and CHARACTER knobs set the middle point of their respective parameters and the control voltage shifts that point within a ±5V range. When the DECAY and/or CHARACTER knob is set fully counterclockwise, CV will only increase the setting; if the knob is set fully clockwise, CV will only decrease the setting.
The WET and MIX outs can be used simultaneously.
Upon startup, the LEDs indicate the selected bank:
- LEDs glow white: Bank 1 is selected.
- LEDs glow blue: Bank 2 is selected.
When Hold Mode is active, the LEDs flash and spin in a circle.